Arsenal FC AVFC Southampton Stoke City Sunderland FC Swansea Tottenham Hotspurs Westbromich Albion Westham United Cardiff Chelsea FC Everton FC Fulhma FC Hull City Liverpool FC Manchester City Manchester United Newcastle FC Norwich City

Ba: I was ready to go and to play there (at Arsenal), but it didn't happen

Posted on:
tags: , , ,
The Senegal striker, a January signing of former Blues boss Rafael Benitez, has cut a peripheral figure in Jose Mourinho's second stint at the Chelsea helm.
The 28-year-old could make his Champions League debut when Chelsea play Basel in Group E on Wednesday night after vowing to fight for his place.
Mourinho preferred to allow Belgium forward Romelu Lukaku to move on loan, for a second season, to Everton than to send Ba to the Emirates Stadium on transfer deadline day, having added a fourth striker in Samuel Eto'o to his playing pool.
"I was ready to go and to play there (at Arsenal), but it didn't happen," Ba said.
"I think I'm a good professional, and I've always worked hard to deserve what I have. Until today I will keep doing the same.

"I told him (Mourinho) if I stay I will keep fighting for the club and for the side. That's it.
"Now what matters is the next months, the next years with Chelsea and that's it."
Ba's reason for having his head turned by the Gunners was the opportunity to play.
However, he knows his performances will determine whether he is selected by Mourinho.
"I wanted to play and I want to play," Ba added.
"It all depends on me and it depends on the performance I'm going to put on the pitch. If I play good, I think I will deserve to play and the manager will put me on the pitch, because that's how he is.
"If I don't perform it will be only my fault."

No comments:

Post a Comment

< >