Arsenal FC AVFC Southampton Stoke City Sunderland FC Swansea Tottenham Hotspurs Westbromich Albion Westham United Cardiff Chelsea FC Everton FC Fulhma FC Hull City Liverpool FC Manchester City Manchester United Newcastle FC Norwich City

Sturridge: "I'm not done scoring goals"

Posted on:
tags: ,
The boss recently spoke of his confidence that the No.15 has the potential to become one of the league's elite marksmen.
However, while delighted with Rodgers' comments, Sturridge is not about to ease up in his determination to become the best player he possibly can.
He told Liverpoolfc.com: "It was good to hear. It's always good to hear positive things from your manager, especially. I'm working as hard as I possibly can and I want to improve as much as possible.
"I'm not resting on my laurels or thinking I'm complete because I know I'm not. I'm trying my best to make sure I improve all the abilities I've been blessed with. I won't stop until I get to where I believe I should be.
"It's everybody's ambition [to be the best player in their position]. If you play as a centre-half it's your ambition to be England's No.1 centre-half, if you play as a goalkeeper you want to be the best goalkeeper in your country - that's everybody's aim.
"If you don't aim for that, you're aiming for the wrong things."
Sturridge was forced to withdraw from the England squad for the World Cup qualifiers with Moldova and Ukraine due to a thigh injury.
Nonetheless, with the Three Lions gearing up for next summer's finals, the 24-year-old admits he's hoping to earn himself a plane ticket to Brazil.
However, that is only a secondary ambition for Sturridge compared to his hopes and dreams for Liverpool.
"I'm more worried about Liverpool and more worried about putting in good performances for us, us winning games and challenging for trophies," he said. "That's my main ambition - it's not about playing for England.
"That comes with doing the things you do for your club and if I don't play well here, I won't get the opportunity to do it there [World Cup finals]."

No comments:

Post a Comment

< >