Arsenal FC AVFC Southampton Stoke City Sunderland FC Swansea Tottenham Hotspurs Westbromich Albion Westham United Cardiff Chelsea FC Everton FC Fulhma FC Hull City Liverpool FC Manchester City Manchester United Newcastle FC Norwich City

City Defender Joleon Lescott out to win new contract

Posted on:
tags: ,
Lescott is entering the final year of his contract at City and he has been linked with a move away from the club this summer.

The England international found himself out of favour last season under former City chief Roberto Mancini, but he is keen to establish himself under new boss Manuel Pellegrini to boost his chances of winning a new deal and securing a place in the national squad.

"If he (Manuel Pellegrini) does call upon me then I'd like to say I'd give 100 per cent and do his decision justice," Lescott told talkSPORT.

"I'm in the last year of my contract now so I've got to get my head down and try and earn a new one here and remain here.


"It's nice to be a part of this club and it's nice to know that I came at the start when the club were in transition and as they started winning things.

"My ambitions don't change but now I'm fully focused on being selected for Man City and then hopefully I can get back into the England squad for the World Cup qualifiers."

No comments:

Post a Comment

< >